Monday, December 19, 2011

For the First Time in History...

I am absolutely, 100%, completely READY for Christmas. I'm super serious, too. D.O.N.E. For realz. Every gift is bought, wrapped, and shipped. I've baked (um...and eaten most of the following) banana nut bread, two pans of brownies, three dozen sugar cookies (frosted and sprinkled), and two dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. In my defense---most of the cookies are in the freezer out of my immediate reach. Sadly, most of the brownies have perished. The tree and the house are decorated and we are ready for Santa :)

My memories of Christmas time growing up are divine. Always lots of baking, a pretty tree, lots and lots of family. The family is all over the place now, and we're beginning our own traditions with Charlotte. It's a bit sad, in a way, to have to leave my childhood Christmas behind and be on the other side of it, but I hope I can create the same wonderfully warm memories for my children that I have of Christmas.

So this year, like last year, we will be ordering pizza on Christmas Eve and having hot chocolate with whipped cream towers, then digging through our stockings and watching movies. Christmas morning is all about a big breakfast and opening gifts, then sitting around enjoying the lazy morning before starting dinner. Just the three of us, hangin' out, cooking, eating, and watching A Christmas Story on a loop on TBS. Pictures to come, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment