Friday, July 29, 2011

Granola...er Mom Challenge

I consider myself to be a Moderate Granola. Semi-Crunchy. Light-Green. It all started with cloth diapers. Yes! I looove cloth diapers! And not just because they are freakin' adorable either. I save tons of money. I save landfills lots of loot. And I keep some questionable chemicals off my sweet pea's hiney most of the time. I do, however, use disposables on occasion so believe me, I don't judge :) BTW, hoity toity CDers GGGGRRRRAAAATTTEEE on my nerves. Seriously, chill out.

I bedshare, as is no secret.

I hope to nurse the little until she's two (which gets me some funny looks). Although, she will likely wean before then. She nurses about 4 times a day now, and not really at night anymore.

I babywear. And I talk about babywearing. To the point that I'm sure I'm obnoxious. I own three ring slings, two structured carriers, and a mei tai. And I use every.single.one. My stroller is dusty.

I buy organic produce when I can (it's not always available where I shop). I'm going to go broke buying organic milk. Holy organic COW it's expensive. But, totally worth it to me. I even researched local dairy farms in my state to see if they are nice to their cows.

Anyhow, I posted once about creeping up on hippiedom, but have found myself stagnating. I take pride in the things I just listed. I feel like I'm doing right by my daughter and the Earth. I want Charlotte to have an example of being a good steward of God's creation. My stagnation has gotten to me in the last couple of days. I feel like I should/could do more. It's easy, really. So I'm challenging myself to start some of the more green projects/lifestyle changes I have wanted to. I will start one per week and I'll update about my progress.

I thought CDing was going to be a big ol' project that I'd get tired of, but I haven't. It's now a normal part of my life. I want these other things to become part of my everyday life as well. Easy. Do them because that's what I do, ya know?

So, the things I'd like to start with are:
    * Start using cloth wipes
    * Recycle for crap's sake (really? why have I not recycled yet???)
    * Replace all of my cleaning supplies with natural ingredients

Today is Friday. Sunday, I'll start the Great Cloth Wipes movement in my household. I really don't think my husband's going to be up for this. He has enough trouble with poop as it is.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment