Sunday, April 10, 2011

Someone shared this with me...

http://galtime.com/blog/parenting/42766/11026/fighting-my-mothering-instincts-tale-growing-and-growing-pair# This article really resonated with me, as some of the things I do still get the stink eye from some people. I am sort of tired of the way I answer people when they question some of them, so I think I'll give myself a homework assignment: to come up with a little "speech" that accurately conveys my feelings and reasons for some of my decisions yet leaves little room for giving a crap about someone's response to it. I think I still feel like I'm defending myself sometimes. What bothers me is not people's reactions or comments or questions or insinuations. What bothers me is my reaction. Arg! I get so upset with myself that I can't just grow a pair! Anyways, I'll let you know if my other testicle descends. Edited to Add: I certainly don't think I do a whole bunch of "weird" things. I think EVERY mom struggles with this after the birth of their first child, no matter what childrearing practices she uses. What I'm saying is, I'm not setting myself apart from the masses necessarily by writing, "...some of the things I do..." I think everyone has similar "things" that might get the stink eye from others. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment