Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Granola...er Challenge Update!

My venture into cloth wipes (a minor accomplishment, I know) is going well! Now that I'm doing it, it seems silly that I didn't start when I began using cloth dipes. What I like about them is that they are much softer on Charlotte's tush, and I need far fewer to get the job done. I washed the first batch by themselves and I'm so glad I did. The flannel frayed and I know that if I had washed them with diapers, the strands would have been stuck all over the velcro and it would have been a nightmare. Now I'm able to just toss them in with the diapers and we're good to go. It is a big relief to never have to worry about going to the store to buy diapers or wipes again!

My husband is still all weirded out about all this. He hasn't really picked up on the "system" I have going. Probably better that way. He tried to figure out the diaper washing system I have and ended up putting diapers that had only been through a cold rinse into the dryer and I about barfed when I opened the dryer and discovered he had "helped". He's been officially relieved of diaper washing duty (doody).

So this week's task is to start recycling. It's easy enough to put out bins to collect recyclable materials, but getting them to the recycling plant is another story. We don't have a collection service here so this one's up to me. I'm really getting sick of how many times we have to take the trash out. It makes me feel so wasteful and gross...not to mention I'm sick of taking the damned trash out. So here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment